In 1936, a flat tire at the bottom of the large hill near the bridge over sandy creek caused Rev. George C. Miller to walk down a farmer's lane to seek help. The farmer, a civil war veteran, was selling the farm and homestead he had received as payment for his services during the war. Rev. George Miller had been looking for a location such as this for a youth summer camp he had just started.
That year he and others from his congregation in Butler, Pennsylvania had rented a camp facility but wanted to purchase their own land for next year's camp. George bought the 100 acre farm and named it Seneca Hills. Those original 100 acres and subsequent purchases of additional land provide the 250 acres of pristine land that makes up the Holy Hollow of Seneca Hills Bible Camp.
Since that day, the Lord has used this valley to proclaim His Gospel to all ages through Camps, Conferences & Retreats.